Monday, August 13, 2018

A Beautiful Dream Layout By Renea Harrison

I love using darker, more grungier colors, mixed with feminine accents!! I guess I am just a girlie grunge artist at heart!! Today, I have a layout created with products from Reneabouquets that I incorporated that grungy darkness with romantic pieces to create a super, dreamy layout:


The papers are from the Blue Fern Studios Remnants Paper Collection, and I started with a bottom layer, and then took a second sheet of paper and tore, inked and distressed it and layered it onto the base layer.


Next, I added 2 pieces from the Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Doily Set #2. Beautiful Board comes in this gorgeous Vintage White Color and it was perfect as is for this project!! I have a lot of  artists ask me what glue I use to apply the intricate chipboard pieces with, so that you don't see the adhesive. I use Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue. It really does dry super fast and crystal clear.
I then took two more layers of distressed and inked paper and created the matte for my photo, that I distressed and sewed to make it really stand out.



I stenciled some bricks using Ranger Texture Paste, and then heated that up with my heat gun to get a really puffy, soft look. Next, came a layer of  White Wide Floral Lace that I cut in half, adding one half here and tucking the other half into the top under the distressing.
The flowers are from the following sets:
I heat embossed with a silver powder,  a Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Medium Victorian Scroll Border  that I cut in half and then tucked into my flowers.
I then heat embossed a Silver Baroque Metal Frame with the same Silver Powder and tucked that into my floral, and took a Dream Key In Silver and tucked that so that you just see the DREAM part sticking out.


I created a balanced look by going to the opposite corner and doing some of the stenciling and then layering in matching flowers and chipboard pieces.
The Dragonflies are my handcrafted Shabby Sugar Plum Roses Glitter Glass Dragonflies.


The latch is a Victorian Latch Trinket that I added some of the Silver Powder to and heat embossed it to set it. (If you do this process with metal, please be sure to let it cool, because it can get dangerously hot!)


Here you can see all the dimension and texture I created with the products from Reneabouquets!!
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to visit my blog!! I am most grateful! Hugs ~Renea


Items used on this project that you can find at Reneabouquets.com and in the Reneabouquets Etsy:
Blue Fern Studios Remnants Paper Collection
Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Doily Set #2
Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Medium Victorian Scroll Border
Shabby Sugar Plum Roses Glitter Glass Dragonflies
Silver Baroque Metal Frames
Victorian Latches
Dream Key In Silver

White Wide Floral Lace
Vintage Purple Roses & Gardenias Flower Set
Prima Rose Quartz Calcutta Flowers
Ranger Texture Paste
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment