Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Snowflakes Are Winter's Butterflies By Renea Harrison

 Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies and today they are all a flutter on this Rustic Winter Layout that I created with products from Reneabouquets!

60 Second Video Of Layout:




I started with papers from the Prima Georgia Blues 12 x 12 Paper Pad. Cutting down the 2nd layer, distressing and pleating the edges.


I then added a frosty feeling to the layout by stenciling with a Tim Holtz Speckle Stencil and Ranger Texture Paste. While the paste was still wet I hit it with some Silver Christmas Glitter
Silver Microbeads and then once it was dry did some inking to bring out the design.


I cut out some strips of the Georgia Blues Paper, distressed the edges and inked them with some Tea Dye Distress Ink.
Rolled the bottom ends and layered them onto the center of the layout.



Next, I two tone inked some corrugated board with Denim and Tea Dye Distress Ink and then added some Beautiful Beads Irridescent Pearls in Midnight Magic, and some 
Silver Microbeads to add lots of texture and dimension, and topped it with my photo.








At the bottom of the photo, I added 2-ink edged Beautiful Board Large Elegant Accents Laser Cut Chipboard Pieces, and then added on flowers from the following sets:
I then added a Beautiful Words On Wood Grain (Rustic/Blue Woodgrain) Laser Cut Chipboard piece.



The lace is Sweet Daisy Lace tucked under the paper layers and I added another Shabby Blue Roses Glitter Glass Dragonfly to balance everything out.



Here, I took a Beautiful Board Laser Cut Chipboard Dimensional Snowflakes, inked the edges, colored the center snowflake and added some silver sparkle with some glitter paint, and then created a hemp bow and tucked it underneath.




I love these snowflakes!! I created them so that they come in 4 seperate pieces that you stack together to form dimensional snowflake piece giving you amazing dimension and texture!!



These are perfect for projects like this layout, but they also work beautifully for off the page decorating and decorations because with the white coating they are gorgeous from every angle,~front, back and sideways!!


Here you can see how the products just POP on the page!! Thank you for stopping by!! I hope you are staying warm this Winter and getting to create something beautiful for yourself!! Hugs~Renea

Items from Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy:
Beautiful Words On Wood Grain (Rustic/Blue Woodgrain) Laser Cut Chipboard
Speckle Stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment