Monday, September 27, 2021

Under a Spell Halloween Home Decor by Ginny Nemchak

 Hey there friends and crafty peeps! Ginny here with last project I created as guest designer for September. I want to thank Renea for the generous box of beautiful crafty supplies to create with and all the help she gave me behind the scenes. I created a home decor frame that is totally vintagy and spooktacular.


This project started with a humble frame from the Dollar Tree. It's dimensional and very sturdy so I could layer it up to my hearts content.  A snow globe shaker may not come to mind for Halloween but I love to think outside the holiday to create not so traditional designs. And when it's filled with spiders it works perfectly! With the spacious size of the shaker I was able to include glass microbeads and iridescent pearls.

The larger size of this frame allowed me to include a very generously sized flower arrangement created with the gorgeous blooms from Renea Bouquets, some die cut glittery foliage, and some pleated lace to fill in the corner.  How cute is that witch?  I'm just thrilled at how well her dress coordinates with the paper collection and the flowers : )

A second arrangement is added to the top corner for balance. It has all the same elements....just in a smaller size.  I've included some of the spiders from the cobweb corners beautiful board set as a schneaky little accent along with the sweet little butterflies.  Speaking of butterflies...of course I added a glitter glass butterfly that was carefully shaped to fit the dimension of the shaker.

These cobweb corners were easy to alter with some black embossing powder and the shiny finish adds a little sparkle to the corners of my frame. 

~Renea Bouquets Supplies~


I had so much fun working with the crew at Renea Bouquets for the month of September!
Wishing everyone a happy holiday season : ) Ginny



No comments:

Post a Comment