Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Cinderella Explosion Box by Design Team Artist Diane McClosky


I am so excited for the warmer weather and all of the creativity that comes with spring!

I want to share Reneabouquet's Beautiful Board Ballerina Explosion Ornament to demonstrate that it is not only for Christmas but can be decorated for any occasion or holiday.  This one could be gifted to a young girl or anyone who loves the fairy tale of Cinderella.

I have decorated the inside and outside of the ornament using Ciao Bella's Midnight Spell Collection.  On the inside, I used rice paper but I fussy cut pieces from the paper to fit the outer portion of the ornament.  A very small ballerina comes with the ornament and fits perfectly inside.  I decided to use the ballerina as support and cut out two small Cinderella pieces and glued them back to back.  For the roof, I cut several strips of ribbon that I had in my stash to create the illusion of the shingles.  A large cluster of white and dusty blue mulberry flowers was added to the roof and two smaller clusters were added to the open portion of the ornament.  When you peek through, you will see Cinderella running away before the stroke of midnight.  It is tied together at the top with white and blue seam binding, a single glass heart and of course Cinderella's lost shoe is attached.

I am very pleased with how this turned out.  It is a unique piece that can be displayed and admired all year round.  I hope this inspires you to think out of the box with the versatile products from Reneabouquets.



Until next time - "Let your art take you where you want to go." - Diane

Reneabouquets Products Used:

Beautiful Board Ballerina Explosion Ornament Box Gift Holder

White Roses and Gardenias Mulberry Flowers

Dusty Blue Roses and Gardenias Mulberry Flowers

Beautiful Beads Midnight Magic Iridescent Pearls

Pearl Glass Microbeads

Pearl Chunky German Glitter Glass

April in Paris Trinkets Pack

Butterfly Kisses Spun Lavender Butterflies

Sweet Pea White Premium Paper Glitter Glass Butterflies

Small Hearts of Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment