Thursday, July 25, 2024

By the Sea by Design Team Artist Diane McClosky


The joy of summer!  I can't get enough of the vibrant reds and whites that speak to me at this time of year!

I used 49 and Market Summer Cottage Collection for the paper, rub-ons, cutouts and chipboard words for this layout.

I began with embossing two Reneabouqets twisted frame chain chipboards with a beautiful bold red that grabs your attention.  My picture of the lighthouse off Nantucket Island, taken on a memorable trip with my daughter is perfectly placed at the center of the design.  I used foam tape to raise the smaller circle for dimension and added some rub-ons to the center of the bigger circle.

In the corner of the two circles, I attached the embossed small By the Sea Chipboard in a brilliant navy blue that provides a striking contrast to the red.

Cutouts, midnight blue iridescent pearls, pearl microbeads and art stones add more visual interest to the page.  I also hand-colored clear glass beads with red and blue watercolor markers.

Finally, the red, white and black roses and Reneabouquets beautiful butterflies complete the composition in an elegant style.

I hope you are enjoying the long days of summer's warmth and beauty! 

Until next time - "Let your art take you where you want to go." -Diane







No comments:

Post a Comment