Monday, June 6, 2016

Home Decor - Flameless Candles by Donna

Hi scrappy friends!

Well, I've gotten bit by the home decor embellishing bug! You know, where everything you look at NEEDS to be embellished! I was looking around my room and saw these two flameless candles and they looked so plain...I had to embellish them!




 The candles are flameless (a must for cat owners), battery operated candles with timers. So they pop on at the same time each evening. 

The first thing I grabbed was my Reneabouquets embellishment box full of beautiful laces, flowers, bling and butterflies!



I wanted this candle in a gold glass holder to look a bit vintage to go on my dresser.  The candle is ivory but looks yellow in this photo because the candle is on.


I wrapped the candle with two rows of Reneabouquets Elegance Ivory and Gold Lace. It's one of my favorites because of the gold accents. I used a piece of gold trim from my stash to bring out the gold in the Gold and Ivory Lace.

I placed bows using white tulle and a couple of pearl sprays before adding the flowers.


I love the little rose buds!


I used Reneabouquets Pink and White Mulberry Roses and Leaves. They are GORGEOUS! And, by the way, the flowers come in a beautiful organza drawstring bag.

And last, but not least, added the sweet Reneabouquets Vintage Ballerina Fairy #2 (Green).
I love that you can order Renea's diecuts facing left or right, just depends on your design.



The second flameless candle is for the bathroom. I wanted it to be a bit more playful and pink! 

I used Reneabouquets 2" Wide Rose Crown Lace and added some Reneabouquets Light Pink Chunky Glitter Glass to the roses in the lace design.  It's hard to see in the photos, but the roses now have a sheer pink sparkle.







On the the candle lid I gathered some Reneabouquets Delicate Beauty Guipere Lace and placed in a circle around the top. I added a pearl spray, looped some pearls on a string, and used  one of the beautiful, "fluffy", Reneabouquets Pink Chiffon Flowers with pearl and rhinestone centers.


I used two of the pink chiffon flowers from the Shabby Chic pack of three chiffon flowers (light pink, pink, and white). 

I made some charms to hang down the sides....and...


...the finishing touch, of course, Renea's butterflies! I used the Tiny Treasures Sweet as Candy Glitter Glass butterflies with gold antennas. So pretty!

Now, on to the next home decor project....hmmmm....better keep out my Reneabouquets stash!  

Thank you so much for stopping by!

You can find the beautiful Reneabouquets products here...





No comments:

Post a Comment