Saturday, February 24, 2018

Altered Mixed Media 12x12 Wood Pallet 3D Layout

I wanted to create a lasting home décor piece as a gift for my nephew and his fiancé (they are getting married this summer-2018). A beautiful batch of Engagement photos were posted on FB and I saved a few of them for this project. It was very hard to decide which one to use! I also purchased a 12x12 rustic wood pallet to use as the home base for the design. I knew the wood itself, would be covered but I liked the sturdiness and 3D design of the pallet. For the overall colors of the design, I wanted to go with the original colors of the photo that I had chosen to work with vs. turning this photo to black and white because I felt it would lend a more striking end result of this 3D layout. I was lucky to have some Beautiful Board pieces from Reneabouquets (that went PERFECTLY with the design I was wanting to build), as well as some RB Trinkets, RB Mulberry Flowers, RB Tiny Treasures Butterflies, RB Glitter Glass and Microbeads and even some Prima product (in stock at RB) to help capture the overall timeless quality for a treasured keepsake that can be displayed in their home for years to come. 
 
Below the pictures will be a link to my YouTube video for a complete start to finish process of how I made this project! I will also add the links to the products used from Reneabouquets.com.
 
 
 






You Tube Video Link:
 
 
Links to Reneabouquets (RB) Products used on this project:

RB Beautiful Board Elements (Brick-size: small): https://www.reneabouquets.com/product-page/beautiful-board-small-brick-elements
RB Mulberry Flowers S/24 Mini Roses & Leaves (True Red): https://www.reneabouquets.com/product-page/mini-true-red-mulberry-paper-roses-leaves-set
RB Mulberry Flowers S/12 Roses and Gardenias in Vintage Dark Olive (used the 2-tone Brown Gardenias in the set): https://www.reneabouquets.com/product-page/vintage-dark-olive-mulberry-paper-roses-gardenias
Prima S/2 Vintage Mechanicals Metal Clock Faces (small): https://www.reneabouquets.com/product-page/prima-vintage-metal-clock-faces-small

No comments:

Post a Comment