Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Reneabouquets Design Team Page "An Open Heart", by Melissa Larson

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Reneabouquets. Go and see all the fun treasures there!


Photo credit:Unsplash





To make this page I applied clear gesso to Prima paper.

  I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on watercolor paper under the image to make it stronger and to lie flat. Below that is a watercolor paper mat, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most of the paper from the top of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso.I put two or three layers of cardboard between the layers to add dimension. 

I put the layers with the photo onto the page.

I had already painted the page with clear gesso. I applied Prima Platinum crackle paste with a stencil and an old credit card. I picked out Beautiful Board,and sponged on gesso. 











I brushed on Shimmerz paints in pale aqua, pink, and grey. I used green and grey colors on the watercolor paper mat and corrugated, and brushed white ink over the mat. I brushed white ink over a lot of the items on the page to tie things together. I put ink on some of the background paper to make things look less busy.


To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, gold leaf,glass glitter, glass beads, pearls,rhinestones,pressed flowers,metal from Reneabouquets,Tim Holtz, and Vintaj,flowers from  Reneabouquets,dyed Tim Holtz ribbon,and bling and metal from my stash. Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents. There are some fussy cut images from Prima papers.

 Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!







                                         Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment