Friday, July 21, 2017

Reneabouquets Mixed Media Greeting Card - Guest Designer Tina Goodwin

Hi friends! Guest Designer Tina here again with a Mixed Media card I made with embellishments from Reneabouquets. Shabby Chic is one of my favorite styles. 


I started by picking out my paper and coordinating colored cardstock. The pattered cardstock is from  Blue Fern Studios Cardstock - Serendipity. I purchased it from Reneabouquets a year or two ago. I have been hording it because it is absolutely gorgeous. The colors and designs on every sheet is just amazing. 

Once I had the cardstocks cut to size, I distressed the edges a bit. I really like the look that it gives to the card. I then cut the corrugated cardboard down to size and sprinkled it with dry embossing powder. Instead of using my heat tool on the top like usual, I used it on the under side of the cardboard so the embossing powder would not blow all over the place. (I didn't use an embossing ink to stick the powder to the cardboard) 

When I was done setting the embossing powder, I added a little texture with Gesso and a stencil. Then I adhered the cardboard with hot glue and chose my lace...Reneabouquets Trim - Sheer Romance Lace White. I love how feminine this lace is with it's embroidered flowers. 

After that, I took the Blue Fern Laser Cut Chipboard - Shabby Brick Bits, dabbed it with the Ranger Clear Emboss It Ink Dabber, sprinkled it with embossing powder and then used a heat tool to set it. Then I used hot glue to adhere it to the card. 


When I am making a card, I get out all the embellishments that I am going to use. I place them on the card and move them around approximate a million times until I find the perfect place for them. 


The Shabby Pink Roses Glitter Glass Butterflies are my favorite butterflies from Reneabouquets. The perfect, tiny roses are just gorgeous. And I love how they sparkle! 


I added the .5 Ounce Pink Chunky Glitter Glass on the largest flower and in random places on the card. The extra sparkle and texture that it gives is amazing. 


I am super excited with how this Shabby card turned out! 

Thank you so much, Renea for giving me the opportunity to Guest Design for you! I have had so much fun! 

Hugs, 
                      Tina Goodwin

Reneabouquets supplies used...

Blue Fern Studios Cardstock - Serendipity

You can find Reneabouquets here...

Reneabouquets

Reneabouquets Etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment