Friday, December 14, 2018

Creativity Takes Courage


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team post for Reneabouquets! I've used a google free photo  by A.M. Lorek. 
It's always a pleasure to use the beautiful, high quality products found at Reneabouquets.




To make this page I applied texture paste with a stencil, then put the layers under the photo together. I took some corrugated cardboard, ripped some of the surface paper off, painted with gesso, then while wet sprinkled on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. I used the cardboard, watercolor paper, and foam core board to make more dimension.  The Graphic 45 paper pieces are on double sided foam tape.





I used Steampunk Debutante paper to frame the photo. I picked out Beautiful Board(B board), prepped with gesso, painted it with Shimmerz Paints, and topped it with Clear Rock Candy Crackle.





I scribbled on paper with a Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencil, mixed it with a little water, and held a brush with it up to the edge of the B Board. The crackle absorbed the color, to make the cracks more visible. I brushed on some gold paint and mica powder to highlight the blue tones. Underneath the chipboard is a Prima mold item I made with Sculpy clay. I painted it with gesso, then used Finnabairs brass paint from the patina paint set to color it. The rusty washer to the left of it is also from Prima.





To add visual interest I added microbeads, glass glitter, seed beads, glass beads, pearls, cystals, rhinestones, glass marbles,shells, pressed flowers,pressed leaves,sticks, moss, pieces from flower picks, Prima flowers, metal from Reneabouquets, Prima,Tim Holtz,and Vintaj, old jewelry, chain,strands of cheesecloth, and tiny pieces of lace. Most of the paint is Shimmerz, but I also used Finnabair metallics and waxes. I used gold mica powder to kind of highlight the colors and textures.To add microbeads and seed beads I spread on Glossy Accents with my finger, then pour them on. Later I go back and put some coppery colored watercolor paint on to add definition and color. 




I like to add a lot of detail to the bottom of the page. I dry brushed a little gesso on top of surfaces to kind of tie things together.




I added a little Prima stamping at the end. The tiny green crystals are plastic. I painted a lot of the background with gesso, to give more negative space, and added a pale pink watercolor around the layers,on the gesso.





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



You can find Reneabouquets here...

Reneabouquets

Reneabouquets Etsy Shop

Reneabouquets Blog

Reneabouquets Facebook Page


Here is a list of products I used:





















No comments:

Post a Comment