Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Explore, Dream, Discover!



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the amazing Reneabouquets! Go and see all the beautiful things there! I have used a photo by Mateusz Ozminksi - artozi, with his permission. I made this as a gift for my brother in law's tiki hut.





To make this page I put texture paste on watercolor paper with a credit card and a Prima stencil,and added Shimmerz Paints over the whole page. To do this I brushed on water, then added the paint. I put the layers under the photo together. I taped on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard.I tore off most of the paper from the surface from the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put layers of foam core board between everything, to add dimension. While the texture paste was wet, I sprinkled on a mix of stuff that I clean off my table whenever I make a page. It's made up of micro beads, seed beads, glitter, and more. I put on a layer of glossy accents and put another layer of the mix on. 






I picked out Beautiful Board(BBoard), prepped it with white gesso, and painted it with Prima Art Alchemy Paints. I used Ancient Coin on the left, and Steampunk Copper on the right.I attached the BBoard to the page with double sided foam tape. I topped them with a thick layer of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. 






To add visual interest I glued on micro beads, glass glitter,mica flakes, seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones,pressed flowers and leaves, lichen, gauze,shells, glass pebbles, a Reneabouquet Bee, metal from Reneabouquets,andTim Holtz, and bling and metal from my stash. I used glossy accents. Sometimes I added a dot of it to tiny things to attach them, other times I spread on a layer of glue and sprinkled things on.





I added more Shimmerz Paint on top of the glitter and micro beads. I drew out the colors of the photo onto the watercolor paper and the rest of the page. The gold is paint, and also gold mica powder.






I rubbed on copper wax onto a lot of raised areas of the page, then topped it with gold mica powder. I think the wax makes the powder stick better, and makes it pop.










I used stickers that look like pieces of eight, you can see one above, at the lower left corner of the cardboard. The bee is sitting on a glass locket pendant. I put a piece of Stamperia Alchemy Paper in it. 
One of the last steps was splashing on Higgins White Ink. It's a lot easier to use than watered down gesso, less messy, and I love how opaque it is. I took a small brush, dipped it into the ink, and tapped on the wood part of the brush.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!


You can find Reneabouquets here...


Reneabouquets items I used:













No comments:

Post a Comment