Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Out of Limitations Comes Creativity

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Reneabouquets! I've used a google free photo by A.M. Lorek. 
It's always a pleasure to use such high quality, beautiful products from Reneabouquets




To make this page I applied clear gesso to Lavender Frost paper. I applied texture paste with a stencil, then put the layers under the photo together. I took corrugated cardboard, ripped off some of the surface paper off, and painted it with gesso. On top of the cardboard I added watercolor paper, foam core board,and a layer of cardstock directly attached to it with double sided tape. I find this helps with warping, I get a lot of glare from the shiny photo paper that makes it hard to take photos, The flatter the photo lies,the less glare there is. 





I picked out Beautiful Board (B Board),prepped with gesso, painted with Shimmerz Paints, and topped it with Clear Rock Candy Crackle.




To add visual interest I added microbeads, glass glitter, mica flakes, seed beads, pearls, rhinestones, shells, pressed flowers and leaves, lichen, Prima flowers, metal from Reneabouquets, Tim Holtz, chain, tulle,and tiny pieces of lace. Most of the paint is Shimmerz, but I also used Finnabair Sparks,Waxes, and Tattered Angels. I dabbed on gold and purple mica powder on a lot of raised areas, for highlights. I wanted to show the dimension with the above photo. There's a total of 5 layers of foam core board.





I pretty much coated the background paper with gesso, because things just got too busy.




 A lot of the raised areas of the chipboard and cardboard have gesso on them. I kept adding and changing colors to get something I wanted.I added a little Prima stamping at the end,and also rubbed on some Green Brocade Prima wax in a few areas.





There's a lot of texture with all the micro beads and glitter.





To help tie things together, I brush a little gesso on almost everything, then add more paint, or mica powder.






I tucked in some pale aqua tulle at the sides and top of the layers. I glued a Butterfly Kiss on the left there. The key has gesso, paint, and mica powders on it. I glued rhinestones in the indentations at the top of the key itself,and tied on some white silk ribbon. Right by the key is a Tim Holtz charm with Art Alchemy Paper, topped with Dimensional Magic. 

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



You can find Reneabouquets here...

Reneabouquets

Reneabouquets Etsy Shop

Reneabouquets Blog

Reneabouquets Facebook Page



Reneabouquets items I used:


















No comments:

Post a Comment